TXTOmedia website visitors are able to:
- Ask for a copy of their personal information.
- Ask for personal information to be corrected or updated.
- Ask for personal information to be removed from our records.
- The type of information TXTOmedia collects from its visitors and what this information is used for.
- How this information is protected.
The information TXTOmedia collects
When you access TXTOmedia websites some of your information is automatically collected, as specified below. No other information is collected through the TXTOmedia websites, unless you deliberately decide to send it to us (e.g., by completing and submitting a contact form).
“Automatically Collected Information” includes:
- “Client Information”: the Internet domain, registered company (if applicable), GeoIP information, and IP address of the computer you are using.
- “Essential Technical Information”: identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
“Optional Information” includes:
- When responding to online forms, or other questions or by commenting on a blog: any information entered into these forms, questions or blog comment fields.
- When you register an account with TXTOmedia websites: your name, email address and any additional information you provide as part of your registration.
The above is classified as personal information under applicable privacy and data protection laws. When you purchase a product or service, TXTOmedia may collect credit card information for invoicing purposes. This information is processed on behalf of TXTOmedia by a third party payment services provider. The payment services provider and TXTOmedia use security techniques, including encryption and secure servers, in order to protect you against fraud.
What Your Information is used for
TXTOmedia uses the information collected by, and provided to, our websites in order to maintain, protect and improve the services we provide. We use information to provide you with content that is tailored to your specific needs. When you contact TXTOmedia, we may keep a record of your communication in order to help us to resolve issues you may be experiencing. With your permission, we may use your email address to inform you about our services.
TXTOmedia also uses information collected from cookies, and other technologies such as Google Analytics, to improve your user experience and the general quality of our services. The information that we collect is used to learn about the usage patterns of our visitors. We collect information regarding visits to individual webpages, how long users visited the website, which websites referred the most visitors, the general geographic location of visitors and other similar anonymous statistics. This data is used to deliver customized content and advertising within TXTOmedia websites to visitors whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
In order to distinguish one visitor from another, Google Analytics may create several tracking cookies on a visitor’s computer, which will expire after two years.
TXTOmedia offers hosted services for customers, which means TXTOmedia stores information on behalf of customers. The role of TXTOmedia is to process the information provided by the customer, whereas the role of the customer is to control the same information.
How TXTOmedia protects your information
TXTOmedia always strives to protect your personal information, e.g. by encrypting sensitive data using SSL. TXTOmedia reviews the information it collects, stores and processes and implements physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
TXTOmedia restricts the access that employees, contractors and agents have to customer information. Each employee, contractor or agent is contractually obligated by TXTOmedia to keep customer information that they receive strictly confidential. Anyone who breaches this obligation will face severe penalties.
Last updated: January 2018
A cookie is a small file, typically made up of letters and numbers, which is downloaded onto your computer or smartphone when you access TXTOmedia websites. Cookies enable TXTOmedia to recognize and store your user preferences, preventing you from having to repeatedly reenter information.
Cookies exist on our website in order to provide you with the most relevant information whenever you browse, giving you a better and more valuable user experience, as well as helping us to continually improve our site. Please note that cookies do not reveal any personal information about you, such as your identity.
Websites which operate across certain parts of the European Union must, by law, obtain consent from the users before using and storing cookies on their computers or mobile devices.
- ASP.NET Session/Authentication – This is a Session ID that forms part of a cookie sent to your browser by ASP.net. It creates an authentication ticket whenever you log on to a TXTOmedia website and adds it to the cookies collection. The cookie then tracks your usage throughout the site. Any information that you provide is passed to the server and validated against a user store, handled by a membership provider. TXTOmedia will not supply any of your data to form an authentication ticket. The authentication ticket is encrypted by ASP.NET and stored in cookies.
- Profile – This is an application used for protected content, which stores your data in the following TXTOmedia Databases: Active Directory and TXTOmedia web database. It is also used for passing data to Salesforce. The application is activated whenever you open protected content on a TXTOmedia website, for example when you complete a form. The data that you provide is passed to the aforementioned storage. After this data is submitted, a cookie is created with the name “TXTOSessionKey” and a GUID value (Globally Unique Identifier) is randomly generated.
- TXTOmedia also uses external cookies for third parties, such as Google Analytics, in order to improve user experience.
Types of Cookies used by TXTOmedia
We use Session cookies, Persistent Cookies and First and Third Party Cookies.
Session cookies – These allow websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session. They are used for a variety of purposes, such as remembering what a user has put in their shopping basket when they browse a website. They can also be used for security relating to internet banking, or to facilitate the use of webmail. Session cookies expire after a browser session and are not stored for the long term. For this reason, session cookies may be considered to be less intrusive of the user’s privacy than persistent cookies.
Persistent Cookies – These are stored on a user’s device in-between browser sessions across one (or more) websites. They allow the preferences and actions of a user to be remembered. Persistent cookies may be used for a variety of purposes, including remembering user preferences or for targeted advertising.
First and third Party Cookies – First Party cookies are set by the website that is being visited. They will be displayed in the URL window. Third Party cookies are set by a domain other than the one being visited. If you visit a TXTOmedia website and another company has set a cookie through our site, then this will be considered a third party cookie.
For more information about cookies please go to the following website:
Types of Cookies used by TXTOmedia for Analytics
In order to collect non-personal information, including user and usage metrics, we use analytics tools and third party technologies, such as Google Analytics. These tools and technologies collect and analyze different types of information including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behavior and usage information, feature use metrics and statistics, usage and purchase history, MAC Address, mobile unique device ID and similar information.
The third party analytics companies who collect data from our websites, and/or online services, may combine this with other, independently collected, information regarding your activity across their network of websites and online services. Many of these companies collect and use information under their own privacy policies.
In addition to our use of technologies as described in this policy, we may instruct third party companies to collect data about your use of TXTOmedia sites and/or services to help improve our target advertising. In this way, we can tailor our advertising to better suit your interests, based on your use of TXTOmedia sites and/or services.
You may opt out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page.
You may opt out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Managing the Use of your Cookies
You are not obliged to accept cookies and you may modify your browser so that it will not accept cookies. The browser you use to surf the web not only allows you to see cookies, but to control their usage.
You can control cookies through your browser by deleting them individually or all at once. If you change your browser settings so that it will not accept cookies, you should be aware that many websites will not function properly, or at all. As an alternative, you may ask for your consent to be given before each cookie is set on your device, giving you more control over cookies. Please be aware that in doing so, it may slow down your browser experience. There are different levels of control regarding cookies. You can, for example, prevent only third party cookies from being deployed, effectively opting out of behavioral advertising. You can also block cookies from specific companies.
In order to manage and control your cookies, please select your browser from the list below: